- What subjects do you want to study at graduate school?
- Why have you chosen them?
- What experience can help you to achieve success?
- How are you going to use your degree?
This set of questions is the answer to the question: “What is a statement of purpose and what should be mentioned in it?” A paper of this type will help an admission committee to make the decision of whether or not you are an appropriate applicant to study in graduate school. Questions may change from school to school, but their general essence remains the same. Admission officers search for applicants with strong and clear research interests based on their experience. One should prove he/she is deeply interested in chosen spheres and has a solid background to support his/her point of view.
Writing a statement of purpose requires sticking to several tips to achieve your desired aim:
1. Define your purpose of your application. Do not state you’ve chosen the school because of its closeness to your home and suitable price. Find out more about the establishment you are interested in and check out their website, research info about about your preferred department, read the program’s curriculum, etc. Make sure you understand the benefits of education for your future career and are able to prove this understanding.
2. Make a clear outline of your paper. Choose the direction of your statement of purpose and plan its main points.
3. Do not write how cool and well-rounded you are – you are not applying to college. Graduate schools are interested in bright minds who will be able to achieve success in a particular sphere.
4. Statement of purpose should present unique and relevant information about you and your skills. To start writing this type of paper, one can present an idea which is intellectually attractive for him/her and demonstrates one’s interest in the field of studies. Speak also about your passion for the program and the reasons why it inspires you.
5. Your paper should consist of four parts:
- Introduction. Mention in what way your preferred disciplines grab your interest, using a lot of details and being far from predictable with your phrases. Express your personality when writing a statement of purpose.
- Academic biography. Speak about previously taken classes, influential figures in the development of your academic pursuit, gained experience and practical skills, unusual experiments, etc.
- Graduate research project. Present information about a particular project you are going to work on in graduate school.
- Arguments. Prove the chosen graduate school is a perfect place for you and you will do your best to make a contribution in its development. You may speak about your future career goals and people you would like to work with.
6. Support everything you say. Use active verbs, sensory details, “smart” nouns, relevant facts and descriptions of objects.
7. Stick to the rules, if they were given. Read the instructions attentively to follow them directly in your writing. Eliminate all types of mistakes, misspellings and other inaccuracies.
Now you know what is a statement of purpose, let us give you a hint what words you should be careful with in your studies. Do not mention them in your paper without adequate explanations:
- Valuable, etc.
Writing a statement of purpose should take a significant amount of time and thorough research. One should think over its content, write an outline and the first draft, revise the paper and proofread it several times. Do not send the same paper to various educational establishments. The information may be the same, but make sure it fits a specific school’s program and requirements.
In case you are unsure about how to write this type of paper and how to impress an admission committee, you can get needed help from Merikarviantuulivoima.info experts. All you are required to do is to specify your instructions and graduation school expectations. During the writing progress, you will stay in instant with the writer and will be able to discuss paper details and ask for needed corrections. Get professional help and forget about your worries!